I'm working on a new blogging tool, gtkblogedit. It's moving slowly, but I've got most of it wired. I have, however, yet to be able to test it as my computer with wordpress installed is having Major Network Issues(TM). I've also noticed that it's too big to fit on the screen of my poor netbook, so I'll have to either shrink it or wrap it all in a scrolledwindow. I also have to add some comments, I only do a good job of those it seems on work I do for other people--though I do have doxygen comments in the header files!
This software is written in C++ utilizing the gtkmm, glibmm, and libsoup libraries. gtkmm is nice, as it allows one to derive widgets via inheritance--and I'm being trained in OO at school. glibmm has a nifty regex allowing string splitting and support for unicode strings. libsoup drives the xml-rpc calls, and I wish it had a C++ wrapper.
Currently I only support metaWeblog--potentially more will be supported down the road if there is interest.